Summer ICE Trips
Summer Inner City Experience 2012
“Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.” James 1:27
Compass Ministries is offering a summer missions experience that allows students to be immersed in inner-city kids’ ministry for one week.
$50 per person (Cost includes a t-shirt, lunches for the week, and field trip admission).
Week 1: June 4 – 8
Week 2: June 11 – 15
Week 3: June 18 – 22
Week 4: June 25 – 29
Week 5: July 2 - 6
Week 6: July 9 – 13 (Slot Filled)
- Students must be in high school (grades 9-12).
- Ideal group size would be 5-15 students. (This is flexible)
Each group is required to be responsible for the following:
- Planning their groups after hours evening activities. (Some suggestions will be provided.)
- Planning and preparing own breakfast and dinner. (Groups will have use of the kitchen at Compass)
- Participation in Bible study devotionals and/or ministry training provided and presented by Compass staff members.
- Setting up their own accomodations, preferably at the Turning Point center
- Prepare lunch and snack for Compass participants each day of the program.
- Assist with any skits or puppet shows required for the chapel program.
- Act as chaperones on field trip days.
- Act as Godly mentors by working one on one with students during each day of the program.
- Be an example by enthusiastically participating in all scheduled activities for the Compass kids each day of the program.
- Help lead and implement “Sparks” activities.
Daily Schedule: (Subject to change) Please be on time!
9:30 Bible Study/Training with Compass staff
10:30 Various Ministry Activities as assigned
11:30 Begin lunch preparations
12:00 Staff Lunch
(Students begin arriving)
12:30 Student Lunch
1:00 Rotation 1 (Chapel/Education Station)
2:00 Rotation 2 (Chapel/Education Station)
3:00 Snack & Recess
3:15 Rotation 3 (Sparks)
4:00 Compass kids dismissed
4:30 Groups are dismissed
Compass Code of Conduct:
“So we make it our goal to please Him, whether we are at home in the body or away from it.” -2 Corinthians 5:9
- It is best to keep personal items of value at home or locked up at all times, to avoid it being lost or stolen.
- Please do not leave the Compass property, especially by yourself.
- Please be indoors before dark.
- Please do not answer the door for anyone you do not know.
- Please be wise in any encounters with strangers or people from the neighborhood you do not know.
- Please respect God, others, yourself, and things that are not yours, in everything you do and say.
- Please do not use cell phones during program hours.
- Please make sure you clean up and leave things better than when you found it.
- Be a good role model that emulates the expectations we have of our students.
Dress Code: (Athletic type clothes are best i.e. shorts, t-shirts, and tennis shoes.)
- Shirts must be modest and have a front and a back (no stomachs showing, no low cut scoop necks, and no thin transparent materials).
- Shirts must not have inappropriate wording or pictures on them.
- No short skirts or shorts (shorts must reach fingertips).
- Tank top straps must be at least 2 inches thick.
- No undergarments should be visible.
- One piece swimsuits must be worn on swimming days (Girls: no bikinis; some tankinis are acceptable. Guys: no Speedos.)
Program Director: Jenny Burg
Address: 1723 N. 33rd St, Omaha NE, 68111